Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Venezuela part Dos!

Ok, finally here's the rest of my photo-diary of the trip to venezuela. In the last Vene. post, I showed you some of the construction work and the party at the nursing home. Now I want to show you the carnivals we did in the street. We concentrated on loving on the children, we played music, games, painted faces, made balloon animals and hats, etc. It was a ton of fun, and a ton of pictures. Here are some of my favorites:


This is the Basurero (in english, the dump). 3 million people's trash living in and around Maracaibo go to this dump.




There are communities of people who are so destitute, that this dump is their livelihood. They find their food, things to sell, clothing, anything that can be used to sustain life in this dump. They have set up their communities as close to this dump as possible to ensure that they get in first each day to get first dibs on the trash. These are some of the communities that we ministered to.



Up next: The ninos!












Don't you wanna love on 'em?! We did too, here it is















And the staff:


McKenzie (a.k.a. Big Mac)

Alfredo and his wife Audia


Josue (a.k.a. El Juahito de Fuego) and his wife Dayana (a.k.a. Cabezona)


Kenny (a.k.a. El Negro de Muerte) and Adriana





Laurie the water nazi

Chris (a.k.a. El Gringo de Magico) and Isai and Sandra (whom I regret to not have a photo of)


Oh, yeah, and me (a.k.a. El Mexicano de Futbol)



The two weeks we spent in Venezuela were awesome. We had a ton of fun, enjoyed each others fellowship and hanging with our Venezuelan homies! It really was like coming home, and it was incredibly hard to leave...


It's impossible to summarize the trip in a blog, it helps to have pictures, but nothing replaces the experience, the relationships, the stretching of faith of actually going. Those of you who came know, and those of you who didn't, I pray that you take an opportunity to serve with our brothers and sisters overseas.

3 comments:

Jason Coobs said...

Dude! Killer photos bro! That's what I'm talkin about! Man, I miss you guys!

Bobby said...

Your encouragement is rewarding, bro, and I miss you too! soon, very soon...

Brittany said...

I love your pictures, and I really enjoyed reading about ya'll's trip!