Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tough times!

So it's been a few days since I posted, partly because of time constraints, and partly because I just didn't feel like it. I feel like this guy lately:
Life comes at you fast sometimes, and sometimes I don't feel like I catch a break. At the cusp of adult life, there is an optimism and a hopeful, bright outlook on the great potential one has in the years God chooses to grant him or her. This optimism is justified and should not be disregarded, but there is also a reality check that comes with the great responsibilities that accompany and characterize being an adult. I welcome these, but they are new, and some of my obligations are very hard to accomodate right now.
God has been gracious to me, though, and I trust He will continue to be (He doesn't change afterall). He reminds me that He uses these times to teach me and grow me. I trust Him, and I know He knows best, but man it gets rough sometimes.
These words give me much encouragement these days:
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
(Romans 8:26-28)
If you are reading this and you are in Christ, you can find encouragement from these words, if I were not in Christ, I would have no real encouragement at all.

1 comment:

Jason Coobs said...

Dude...I SO know what you mean! Being an adult stinks sometimes. I know what you mean to feel like the whole world is bearing down on your shoulders. Adulthood is such a bitter sweet thing! I'll be prayin for you bro, pray for me as well! I'll see if I can give you a call today while in the warehouse...