Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lecrae is back!


I feel like a little kid, and a little like a salesperson blogging about this. I just remembered that today Lecrae's new album, "Rebel" is out, and I am sitting at a Starbucks a little over a hundred yards from a Walmart! I am ridiculously excited/giddy right now, and I thought I would share it with you all before I go pick up the album. Basically, Lecrae is a Christian rapper who

1. is ACTUALLY an awesome rapper

2. has very Scripture/Gospel centered lyrics and songs

3. has made making music a launching point for his ministry!

When I finish listening to one of his albums, it's like I've listened to a vivid, no-punches pulled, truth filled, Christ-exalting sermon. I have nothing against Christian music, but sometimes I listen to Christian songs and feel as if the content is lacking when it comes to truth. Lecrae goes after truth before emotions, but does not ignore human experience either. Rap may not be your thing, but if truth is, and if Christ is, check out his ministry, and check his music, you will be encouraged and challenged. If you check it out, let me know what you think!

No comments: