Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Dad's Day!



This Father's Day was a very special one for the Wood household. It's not appropriate to go into detail here, but my parents have acquired two new "daughters," and that made this father's day especially poingnant. I have also been thinking about all of the sacrifices my parents have made for me over the years: my dad got rid of his 280z (fast little sports car) to make room for me, he went to college to support the growing fam, he spent his money and time on things that would benefit us instead of him (with some legitimate exceptions, of course). At this stage in my life, with my toes in the sand, standing on the shores of my adult life and responsibilities, I can really begin to appreciate all the sacrifices my parents have made, and that they were more out of love than obligation.

No comments: