Friday, June 20, 2008

Summertime!



There are certain things that I love about summer. Wearing flip flops all the time, driving with the windows down, all the green and foliage after spring has sprung, twitterpated animals (some of you will get that), but also, oddly enough, I love mowing the grass. It's therapeutic, a bit of a mental retreat for me. It's exercising my God-given dominion over the earth by chopping down every piece of grass to a consistent, unevasive length. The process, as you know is pretty simple: push in straight lines that overlap a bit so you don't miss any grass. I love how simple it is. I take that 1-2 hours of monotonous walking to ponder life, pray, and just muse on things that most other times get drowned out by other happenings during the day. So this post is my tribute to summer part 1: mowing the lawn.

1 comment:

Jason Coobs said...

Dude, I so miss mowing the grass! Good times!